Katherine Gemmecke / February 7, 2022
At the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic almost two years ago, no one could have predicted what the real estate market would look like today. As we welcome 2022, we are confident that the Seacoast and neighboring markets in Northern Massachusetts and Southern Maine will continue to prove their resilience.
We have highlighted a sample of transactions from our portfolio of sales and leases throughout this past year below. Though the market indicated significant demand in industrial and investment properties, our business remained diverse, as we found success stories in office, land, and retail.
• Torrington Properties, Inc. purchased Newing- ton Park, a 102,103± SF retail/office complex located at 2064 Woodbury Avenue in Newington, New Hampshire for $13,350,000 in June of 2021. Torrington Properties was thrilled to add this to their investment portfolio, as the acquisition fits their long- term investment strategy. The transaction was arranged by Kent White, Christian Stallkamp, and Caitlin Burke.
• HAT Properties, LLC and RNT Properties, LLC purchased 334 & 338 Calef Highway and 68 Fogg Road in Epping, New Hampshire for $2,940,000 in October of 2021. The properties consist of mixed-use, industrial units, and developable land to which the Buyer has relocated its business, Williamson Pump & Motor, from their previous facility in Chelsea, Massachusetts. Williamson Pump & Motor has 70 years of experience and expertise in several industries such as property management, water and sewage plants, educational and industrial facilities, manufacturing plants, hospitals, municipal utilities and more. Christian Stallkamp and Katherine Gemmecke represented the Seller in the transaction.
• EIGHTKPH, LLC purchased 0.94 acres of land in the heart of downtown Portsmouth at the corner of Maplewood Avenue and Deer Street for $5,200,000 in November of 2021. The buyer’s plan is to reposition the two prime lots, which was part of a five-lot subdivision, by capitalizing on favorable density zoning. Christian Stallkamp represented the Seller in the transaction.
• F.H. Cann leased 56,822± SF of office space at 100 Domain Drive in Exeter, New Hampshire. F.H. Cann is a national leader in providing clients with contact center, financial recovery, loan servicing, and business process outsourcing
solutions for over two decades. The company expanded their operations from their Mass- achusetts branch into New Hampshire. Kent White and Caitlin Burke represented the Landlord in this transaction.
• Plaice Cove Spirits leased 28,000± SF of industrial space at 121 Broadway in Dover, New Hampshire. Plaice Cove Spirits is a fully integrated spirits group that does traditional co-packing, as well as brand incubation. Additionally, they can manufacture, distribute, and manage brand development and marketing to expose product to a wide array of audiences. Kent White and Caitlin Burke represented the Landlord in this transaction.
Katherine Gemmecke, Associate